|Classification level:||CW7 – Leading Hand|
|Award Applicable:||Building and Construction General On – site Award 2010|
Lead a small team in delivering general construction and/or maintenance duties associated with construction of road and electrical services infrastructure
The position reports to the Civil Foreman or Project Co-Ordinator
Key Results Area
|Key Result Area||Key Performance Indicator|
|Health, Safety and Environment||Leads implementation of Health, Safety and Environment processes and contributes to continual improvement|
|Planning and Programming||Works with and assists Senior project staff to plan and implement efficient construction methods within the constraints of the contract, the site and other project specific constraints|
|Commercial Management||Understands project budgets and continually reviews productivity against budget and takes remedial measures to address any issuesMaintains daily records in accordance with company policies, procedures and reference guidesSubmits daily site records and forms to project management/ administration staff in a timely mannerAchieve production ratesIdentify and advise senior staff of potential site issues or works not in scope|
|Technical Duties||Understands and meets project technical and quality requirementsMaintains knowledge of quality and specification requirements Minimises product defects [no significant rework]|
|Conduct/Leadership||Promotes Trafflec’s image in a positive manner, as a quality service provider, in dealing with clients and the communityProvides a positive role model for team members|
|Compliance||Complies with company policies, procedures and reference guidesNo fines or breachesDelivers project compliant products and services in accordance with specificationsAll witness and hold points completed|
- Undertake Construction works for road and power reticulation infrastructure
- Read and understand project plans, specifications and drawings
- Provide technical support to field staff including project specification requirements
- Drive light and/or and heavy vehicles including tying down and securing loads
- Comply with Trafflec Policies, Procedures and Reference Guides
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability and physical fitness to undertake construction duties.
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, oral, written and computer skills
- Willingness to work in a co-operative team environment
- High level of reliability including attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to plan and coordinate own work tasks on a daily basis with minimal supervision
- Experience in use of minor plant and equipment
- Concrete construction and finishing skills
- Basic carpentry skills
- Sound knowledge of road and drainage construction and maintenance requirements.
- Sound knowledge of landscaping requirements.
- Ability to determine materials, labour and plant requirement to complete work task components.
- Experience in working with plant such as excavators, skid steers, rollers etc
- Industry induction (blue/white card)
- Drivers Licence
- MR Truck License MR and/or HR
- Senior First Aid
- Excavation Plant licences (Desirable)
- Dogman (Desirable)
- Energex WCS 2, 31, 37, and 61 compliance (Desirable)
- Cert III in Civil Construction (Desirable)
- The position will be required to work, from time to time, away from home, on weekends, and shift work.