|Award Applicable:||Professional Employees Modern Award|
To efficiently plan, organise and direct work teams to deliver safety, environmental, quality, cost and time outcomes for multiple projects.
The position reports to the Project Manager.
Key Results Area
|Key Result Area||Key Performance Indicator|
|Health, Safety and Environment||Leads implementation of Health, Safety and Environment processes and contributes to continual improvement|
|Planning and Programming||Plans and implement efficient construction methods within the constraints of the contract, the site and other project specific limitsCo-ordinate daily work crew activities including program and procurement|
|Commercial Management||Understands project budgets and continually reviews productivity against budget and takes remedial measures to address any issuesEnsures daily cost records are completed by teams inaccordance with company policies, procedures and reference guides|
|Technical Duties||Leads and verifies project technical and quality requirements are being metComplies with Electrical Legislation|
|Conduct/Leadership||Promotes Trafflec’s image in a positive manner, as a quality service provider, in dealing with clients and the communityProvides a positive role model for team members|
|Compliance||Complies with company policies, procedures and reference guidesNo fines or breaches|
- Lead temas to plan and execute work safely and economically using sound construction techniques, including ensuring materials and plant for works arranged in advance
- Read and understand project plans, specifications and drawings and communicate to work crews
- Measurement of quantities and preparation of claims
- Allocate and supervise work of crews and subcontractors on a daily basis
- Verify work crews maintain daily safety, environment, quality and cost records in accordance with company policies, procedures and reference guides
- Place orders for plant and materials inaccordance with authority levels
- Comply with Trafflec Policies, Procedures and Reference Guides
Skills and Experience
- Expected to have 6 to 8 years industry experience
- Capacity to oversee daily activities for multiple small teams across multiple projects
- Must have a reasonable level of
competence in delivering the following works:
- Traffic signals
- Rate 2 and Rate 3 Road lighting
- Intelligent Transport Systems infrastructure
- URD subdivision works
- Ability to operate autonomously and make timely decisions
- Ability to develop alternate solutions when problems present themselves.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members, and communicate with client representatives.
- Be disciplined in forward and risk planning, and completing project documentation. Ability to use software tools, such as, timeline programs, MS Excel, MS Word
- Demonstrated literacy, numeracy, oral, written and computer skills
- High level of reliability including attendance and punctuality.
- High level of Experience in use of plant and equipment
- Industry induction (blue/white card)
- Senior First Aid
- Level 2 Traffic Management
- Safety Leadership Training Desirable
- Energex accreditations Desirable
- Electrical Fitter Mechanic License Desirable
- Eligible for Endorsee status on company electrical contractor license Desirable
- Diploma of Project Management Desirable
- The position will be required to travel and work away from home from time to time.
- The position will require weekend and shift work on regular basis