Trafflec is committed to environmental sensitivity in our business activities of designing and constructing road infrastructure including; roads, bridges, street lighting, traffic signals and intelligent transport systems.
Trafflec’s policy objectives include:
- Operate as an environmentally responsible business.
- Reduce adverse impacts on the environment.
- Ensure compliance with Queensland and federal environmental legislation.
- Implement environmentally sensitive work practices on job sites.
- Ensure relevant permit approvals are obtained.
As an evidence of this commitment, we will:
- Complete company inductions for employees and site specific inductions for project workers, including subcontractors.
- Integrate environmental considerations into our business planning and operations to prevent pollution, minimise other negative impacts, and generate positive outcomes where possible.
- Develop and implement an environmental management system based on the ISO 14001 international standard.
- Meet our legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Review various aspects of our environmental performance, and seek to continuously improve our systems and performance.
- Provide employees with awareness and training to help them make environmentally sound decisions.
- Communicate information regarding our environmental management system and performance to customers, employees, suppliers, and the community via our web site and other means.
This policy and our Environmental Management System will be regularly reviewed by senior management to ensure its continued effectiveness.